Council of Metropolitana Area Leagues
In January 2020, CMAL delegates voted to undertake a comparison study of the seven metro area governments to:
- Increase public knowledge of county government
- Determine whether's CMAL's position on county government should by updated
The CMAL study will focus on:
- County communication to the public and to other levels of government
- Transparency of the Metropolitan Council's policy-making process.
- County opportunity for input in the initial planning and policy-making stages of Metropolitan Council decisions
The plan is for the committee to conduct research through the end of the 2020, start interviewing public official in January 2021 and submit findings to the CMAL Board in April 2021.
- - April 2019
- - January 2019
- (pages 41 to 43 of LWV Minnesota's Program for Action 2019-2021)