Hey Chicagoans—when you cast your vote in the November 3 Election, vote yes for a Fair Tax!
In Illinois, we currently pay a Flat Tax—everyone is taxed at the same rate regardless of their income. A vote for the Fair Tax ensures that the wealthiest among us must pay their fair share.
For most of us (the 97% making $250,000 or less per year), a Fair Tax means that our taxes will get cut or remain the same. You can find out how much you'll pay with this handy Fair Tax Calculator.
For the 3% of us fortunate enough to make more than a quarter million a year, taxes will go up, netting the state $3.4 billion in additional revenue. That money will go to fund local schools, domestic violence shelters, senior health care, roads and infrastructure, Meals on Wheels, financial aid for students, state pension systems, and more.
Learn more about the Fair Tax before voting this November.
- Wording on the 2020 General Election Ballot
- One-Page Flyer to Share
- Why the League Supports a Fair Tax
- Our Small Businesses Need the Fair Tax
- Fair Tax and Race Equity
- Fair Tax and the COVID Crisis
- Fair Tax Presentation by Ralph Martire (co-sponsored by League of Women Voters La Grange)