The County of San Mateo is updating its Climate Action Plan. The goal of the plan is to create strategies and programs to reduce the impact of human activities on climate change. The County's Office of Sustainability is leading the effort and they have many resources and contacts for interested people. Here is how you can learn more.
Sign up for the Office of Sustainability e-news announcements which will keep you up to date on ways to get involved and programs that provide resources for residents.
A few programs that may be of interest:
- Climate Ready Adaptation Collaborative
- Utilizing existing rebates and incentives to improve household energy and water efficiency through BAYREN
- Opt up to 100% renewable energy at Peninsula Clean Energy
- Provide input on the County's Active Transportation Plan
- Learn about other environmental issues and ways to get involved through things like composting with a class or workshop at the Sustainability Academy
- Learn about other ways to improve your practices with the waste you and your community produce with these resources